">Chicken Chow Mein
">Ingredients (serves 4)
- ">500g chicken tenderloin, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 100g green beans, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons ketcap manis
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 100g packet dried crunchy chow mein noodles, to serve
- Combine chicken, sherry and cornflour in a bowl. Cover. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 3 teaspoons of oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger, beans and onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken, cabbage, carrots, ketcap manis and stock. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Serve with noodles.
Feta, Prosciutto and Tomato Quiche
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 x 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 200g punnet golden grape tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil spray
- 1 sheet (29 x 29cm) Pampas frozen ready-rolled shortcrust quiche pastry, just thawed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 100g feta, broken into large pieces
- 200g thinly sliced prosciutto, halved lengthways
- Fresh small basil leaves, to serve
- Asparagus spears, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place tomato on the tray and spray with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, line a 3.5cm-deep, round 22.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with pastry and trim any excess. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
- Cover the pastry base with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Whisk together the cream, milk, egg, chives and basil in a jug. Sprinkle the feta over the pastry case. Pour over egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Top quiche with tomato and prosciutto. Bake for 20 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Top with basil leaves to serve.
Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagne
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600gm (about 2 bunches) English spinach, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 350gm fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 150gm parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 250gm fresh lasagne sheets
- 600gm butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 3mm-thick slices
- 200gm mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Rinse spinach in cold water. Place, with water clinging, in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove cover. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Drain. Squeeze to remove excess water. Set spinach aside.
- Combine cream, ricotta, egg yolks and 1 cup parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Grease a 10-cup capacity, 5cm-deep, 16cm x 25cm (base) rectangular baking dish. Cover base with 1 layer pasta sheets, cutting to fit. Top with 1/3 ricotta mixture. Top with half the spinach and half the pumpkin. Repeat layers, finishing with remaining ricotta mixture. Cover with another layer pasta sheets. Top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stand lasagne for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Roast Pumpkin and Pesto Risotto
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500gm pumpkin, peeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cups prepared basil pesto
- 30gm butter
- 100gm baby spinach
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat over to 200°C. Cut pumpkin into 2cm cubes and toss in a roasting pan with half of the olive oil and the garlic. Roast for 30 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, place stock in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer. Heat remaining oil in another saucepan and cook onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes until pale golden. Add 1 cup of stock to the rice, stir constantly over medium heat until stock has been absorbed. Continue adding stock and stirring until all of the stock has been used and rice is tender.
- Stir through roasted pumpkin, pesto and butter. Season to taste. Serve topped with baby spinach, parsley and shaved parmesan.